Part-time position: Marketing Assistant
Open as of May 2023
Elly Wells Marketing and Project Management in downtown Asheville, North Carolina, specializes in communications and marketing management for a select group of businesses and nonprofit organizations.
A part-time position, the marketing assistant will support four project managers and a content manager with client service. Candidates should have a solid business acumen, experience utilizing oral and written communications in a professional role, be outgoing and positive, and thrive on multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. This position is a great way to gain solid experience with day-to-day marketing activities for a diverse array of clients.
- Administrative assistance and client support
- Writing: business communications, marketing promotions, and press/publicity
- Content generation: web content, email marketing, press releases, and social media
- Website maintenance and reputation management
- Research: online and local sources
- Database: creation and management
- Community outreach, including street-team publicity (distribution of promotional material)
- Special events assistance
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Time management and task prioritization with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of digital marketing across marketing channels
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (required)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator (preferred, not required)
- Social media marketing and analysis (preferred, not required)
- Google, cross-platform proficiency (preferred, not required)
Schedule: Flexible; 15-20 hours per week during regular business hours.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; starting $18/hour.
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with position title in subject line.